Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 21 OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THERE ARE TWELVE ENTRY PERIODS: ENTRY PERIODS BEGIN AT 12:01 A.M. PT ON 1/1/21, 2/1/21, 3/1/21, 4/1/21, 5/1/21, 6/1/21, 7/1/21. AND END AT 11:59 P.M. PT ON 1/31/21, 2/28/21 3/31/21, 4/30/21, 5/31/21, 6/30/21, 7/31/21. SPONSOR: TREFETHEN FAMILY VINEYARDS, NAPA, CA NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Picnic Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the Sweepstakes page located at https://www.trefethen.com/sweepstakes and who are 21 years or older at the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Trefethen Family Vineyards (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Trefethen Family Vineyards, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period begins on January 1, 2021 and ends on December 31, 2021. The Sweepstakes Period will be divided into twelve (12) monthly entry periods as outlined in the chart below (each, an “Entry Period”). Entries for the first entry period (“Entry Period 1”) will be accepted online starting on January 1, 2021 at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and will end on January 31, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. PT. Entry Period 2 begins on February 1, 2021 and ends on February 28, 2021. Entry Period 3 begins on March 1, 2021 and ends on March 31, 2021. Entry Period 4 begins on April 1, 2021 and ends of April 30, 2021. Entry Period 5 begins on May 1, 2021 and ends of May 31, 2021. Entry Period 6 begins on June 1, 2021 and ends on June 30, 2021. Entry period 7 begins on July 1, 2021 and ends on July 31, 2021. Monthly entries for each Entry Period must be time-stamped by 11:59 P.M. PT at the end of each Entry Period; Sponsor’s clock shall be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
||Begins at 12:01 A.M. PT on:
||Ends at 11:59 P.M. PT on:
||January 1, 2021
||January 31, 2021
||February 1, 2021
||February 28, 2021
||March 1, 2021
||March 31, 2021
||April 1, 2021
||April 30, 2021
||May 1, 2021
||May 31, 2021
||June 1, 2021
||June 30, 2021
||July 1, 2021
||July 31, 2021
How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an Entry using the online form provided on the Sweepstakes website, located at https://www.trefethen.com/sweepstakes/ (“Website”). The Entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements as specified to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Trefethen Family Vineyards. The entry form may require entrant information, including name, street address, date of birth, phone number, email address, and other items. A completed and properly submitted entry form shall be referred to herein as the “Entry” or the “Submission.” Incomplete entry forms will not constitute an Entry or Submission. Limit one Entry per email address, per person, per month. Any Entry must also comply with the terms of service of the entrant’s chosen email provider. Further, no entrant will be eligible to receive the Prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such entrant’s Entry has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes. Sponsor reserves the right to void all Entries (and disqualify entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that an entrant has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the Entry limit. An entrant’s email address must be able to receive messages from Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Trefethen Family Vineyards.
You must have an email address in order to submit an Entry. Email accounts are free via multiple sources such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, etc. Registration for each can be obtained by going to the appropriate email service website and entering the required information to register, or by downloading the application from an App Store and following the application’s onscreen instructions to open an account. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply. If you choose to enter the Sweepstakes by using a mobile device, message and data rates may apply. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for entering the Sweepstakes via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan before entering the Sweepstakes via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or misdirected Entries or any error, omission, interruption, dilution, defect or delay in operation or transmission on the Internet or any technical failures regardless of cause, and all such Entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to a user’s computer or mobile device. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of Entries.
- Prizes: One (1) Prize will be awarded for each Entry Period, for a total of three (12) Prizes during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Winner will receive one (1) Rejuvenation Sweepstakes consisting of an assortment of items that vary per Prize, potentially including Imported Turkish Blanket, Pottery Barn Serving Platter, 2 Moroccan Candle Lanterns, Custom Cayson Apron. Each Winner must be 21 years or older. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is three hundred and fifteen dollars ($315.00). The ARV of all Prizes is nine hundred forty-five dollars ($945.00). Alcoholic beverages are not part of the Prize. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of Prize award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash redemption or other Prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The Prize is nontransferable. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winners is permitted. All federal, state and local income taxes on the Prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Arrangements for delivery of Prizes will be made after Winner validation. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Trefethen Family Vineyards to use Winner’s name, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Each Entrant is eligible for One (1) Prize ONLY during the entire Sweepstakes Period; Prize Winners are not eligible to win multiple Prizes, i.e., Entrants may not win a Prize in more than one Entry Period.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within approximately five (5) days following the Winner selection, and may be required to furnish valid proof of age in a form prescribed by Sponsor, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release, within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. Trefethen Family Vineyards shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winners’ spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Odds of winning a Prize will be determined by the total number of eligible Entries received during each Entry Period. The awarding of each Prize is subject to verification of the potential Winner’s eligibility. If the selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected.
The receipt by Winner of the Prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Trefethen Family Vineyards, anyone acting on behalf of Trefethen Family Vineyards, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your Entry, including without limitation the Entry and Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity, or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Trefethen Family Vineyards reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Trefethen Family Vineyards may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Trefethen Family Vineyards. Trefethen Family Vineyards reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Trefethen Family Vineyards has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Trefethen Family Vineyards reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Trefethen Family Vineyards. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Trefethen Family Vineyards and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries. Entrant further understands and agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrant acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF NAPA COUNTY AND CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Napa County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winning names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Trefethen Family Vineyards, 1160 Oak Knoll Ave., Napa, California 94558. Requests must be received no later than January 15, 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Trefethen Family Vineyards, 1160 Oak Knoll Ave., Napa, California 94558. Copyright ©Trefethen Family Vineyards, Napa, CA. All rights reserved.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google.