2018 Chardonnay Verjus
Verjus is the pressed juice of early harvested wine grapes.
This 2018 verjus is made from Chardonnay grown in our estate vineyards. As the juice is not fermented, there is no alcohol. Although it is quite tart, verjus has a more gentle flavor than vinegar. It is a great way to add a little acidity to dishes with a sweet-tart taste and is often used to heighten flavors.
HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS:
• Use instead of lemon or vinegar in dressings
• Use in a soup or to deglaze a pan
• Use in sauces: cream, butter, or hollandaise
• Use it to poach fruit or fish
• Make a delightful sorbet
• Mix 50/50 with sparkling water for a refreshing spritzer